A shared experience with other adventurous souls like yourself. (Max 4 people).
What does the day include?
- Meet me and the other adventurers at 9:30am at the rendezvous point before driving up to the panning location in tandem;
- Park up and then stroll up the Glen to find a good panning spot whilst learning how to read a river;
- Spend a couple of hours learning how to pan and hopefully finding your first flakes of gold;
- A few more hours of panning in the afternoon.
- Head back to the car feeling tired and happy usually around 4pm
Suzy, Cheshire, UK –
My husband and I booked the panning experience for our trip to Scotland in September with the hopes of including some of the river gold we found into our wedding rings.
Panning is something I’ve always wanted to try and it was an absolutely fantastic day. Mark was our guide, demonstrating the panning technique and then overseeing us as we gave it a go ourselves. He was incredibly knowledgeable and happy to share stories of his experiences of panning over the years.
The hours flew by and we thoroughly enjoyed the full day out by the stream. We both found small flecks of gold which we handed over to Mark and he took away with him to include in our beautiful wedding rings.
The rings were presented in a gorgeous handmade wooden box and included a planted tree with a dedication of our choice.
We love our rings so much and want to thank Mark and the team for such a memorable and lovely experience.
Hannah Allaway –
We absolutely loved our gold panning experience! Mark was so flexible and helpful with rearranging things due to COVID, and we had an epic day learning to and panning for gold up in a Scottish river. We absolutely love wearing our wedding rings knowing that the gold we found has been combined and is in both of them – thank you for such a special experience!