If you would rather enjoy the experience alone or as a couple this bespoke course can be tailored to meet your needs.
What does the day include?
- Meet at a time of your choosing, usually around 9:30am at the rendezvous point before driving up to the panning location in tandem
- Park up and then stroll up the Glen to find a good panning spot whilst learning how to read a river;
- Spend a couple of hours learning how to pan and hopefully finding your first flakes of gold;
- Lunch (hot soup and a sandwich), snacks (energy bars) and drinks on the river are provided;
- A few more hours of panning in the afternoon;
- When you are confident in your new found skills I am always happy to take a stroll whilst you enjoy the peace and isolation of the river;
- Discuss potential ring designs; and
- Head back to the car feeling tired and happy.
There is no strict time schedule, I’m at your disposal until the day reaches its natural conclusion whether that be 3pm or 7pm in the evening.